The Loves of My Life!!

The Loves of My Life!!

Friday, April 3, 2009

The Past

"We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.

We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it." The Promises

Oh, the past...the things I've said, the things I've done. The people I have hurt. The bottom line is, no matter how much I would want to, I cannot change the past, unless of coure I had a time machine, and even then, I'm not sure.

I am taking the necessary steps to be at peace with my past. But others...how can they be releived of their uncertainty, their fears as they relate to me and their experiences with me? I pray for thier acceptance and their willingness.
Today that's all I can do.

2 comments:

  1. The only way I was able to relieve the fear and anger of loved ones was to be consistent in my words and actions... and let them go through what ever they needed to. Eventually they came back to center... but only because I didn't waiver in my program conviction and rode out the rough times without drinking.

    You're on target; keep putting one foot in front of the other and the time will come when you too will not regret your past nor wish to shut the door on it. It happened for me and it can happen for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady!

    Yeah. It's a challenge sometimes to do that. I think it comes with time. Things that hurt so bad, hurt so much less with time and space. I think part of the reason this is is b/c we DO process them over and over and over again out loud and in our heads.

    I don't know about you, but I often have to repeat things multiple times before I "get it". Unfortunately, this also holds true for really stupid things too.

    I think the best thing to do is just live in the moment. Love like there's no tomorrow! Treat others with enthusiasm. Love out loud. Shower people with compliments continually.
    Focus on what is good in someone, ignore what you don't like.

    Life is what we think it.

    I think life is a blast, and you are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete